The Gatineau Loppet is growing and is looking for a passionate cross-country skier and runner to ensure its development, particularly by diversifying its activities. Ideally, the successful candidate would take up the position in time for the next Gatineau Loppet, working alongside the current Managing Producer. As soon as he or she takes up the position, the chosen person will be called upon to work on the development of the very first edition of Courons Gatineau. Please circulate this call for candidates within your network. To express your interest, please send your CV to email@example.com no later than January 9, 2024. Please find below the job description.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF THE GATINEAU LOPPET
Gatineau Loppet is looking for someone who is passionate about cross-country skiing, running, or physical activity in general, to act as the General Manager of the Gatineau Loppet.
Under the supervision of the Gatineau Loppet’s Board of Directors, the General Manager plans, manages and coordinates all the organization’s activities, with the support of contractors, suppliers and volunteers. Activities include the Gatineau Loppet, Canada’s largest cross-country skiing event, as well as two running events in development. General management will also be called upon to propose new initiatives and events that will ensure the growth and financial health of the organization and each of its entities.
THE “GATINEAU LOPPET” ORGANIZATION
The Gatineau Loppet is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to organizing Canada’s largest cross-country skiing event for the past 46 years. The Gatineau Loppet is the only Canadian step on the prestigious Worldloppet circuit, which includes the 19 most popular cross-country ski events in the world.
As General Manager, you will be responsible for leading the organization in its mission. Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Management: Define and implement an overall strategy for the organization, ensuring its continued growth, the sustainability of its funding, the expansion of its events, and the diversification of its activities;
- Event management: Oversee the organization of events, including the planning, logistics, promotion and execution of cross-country skiing, running and other events;
- Development of new events and initiatives: Identify, design and implement new sporting events and other initiatives to diversify the organization’s activities and ensure its growth;
- Financial management: Ensure the financial management of the organization, including budgeting, accounting, expense management and revenue tracking. You will be responsible for ensuring the financial viability of the organization;
- Partnerships: Ensure revenue growth from grants and sponsorships, and build partnerships and relationships with various public and private organizations, as well as with the community;
- Public relations and communication: Maintain positive relations with stakeholders, sponsors, volunteers and the community in general;
- Team Management: Recruit, train, coach and motivate the organization’s staff, contractors, volunteers and suppliers to ensure operational excellence.
The following could be considered as assets:
- Passion for cross-country skiing, running or physical activity in general;
- Solid experience in the management of non-profit organizations, sporting events, or in a related field;
- Leadership, strategic management and planning skills;
- A thorough understanding of winter sports, cross-country skiing and running;
- Ability to secure adequate funding and raise funds;
- Ability to establish strong partnerships and trusting relationships with various stakeholders, and to maintain excellent public relations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- The candidate must live in or near Gatineau.
- Full-time virtual position with face-to-face work when required;
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications;
- Opportunity to participate in international sporting events.
The Gatineau Loppet is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or visible minority status.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to “firstname.lastname@example.org”, no later than January 9 , 2024.