For its 44th edition, the Gatineau Loppet presents new components to its event program to encourage all types of skiers o attend the greatest historical cross-country ski gathering in the country.
Find out more below :
JUNIOR – U23 CHALLENGE – 27 km Free Technique
Race date : Sunday – February 20, 2022
Age Groups :
|CATEGORY||SEASON||AGE||YEARS OF BIRTH|
|JUNIOR*||2021/2022||16-19 years old||2002 – 2003 – 2004 – 2005|
|U23**||2021/2022||20-22 years old||1999 – 2000 – 2001|
Source, Nordiq Canada REGULATIONS, 341.1.5
*JUNIOR : Competitors must have reached their 16th birthday before the end of the calendar year (1st January – 31st December) in which the season ends.
**U23 : U23 women and U23 men must be no older than 22 during the calendar year in which the season ends.
Sanction Description :
This sanction allows skiers in these two categories (Junior and U23) who are FIS or Nordiq Canada license holders, to accumulate points in the National [Canadian] Ranking (CPL) – (Canadian points)
Those wishing to participate must have a FIS or Nordiq Canada license to accumulate points.
It is in the license holders’ interest to enter this race to increase their national ranking points.
- 12 bursaries will be offered to participants with FIS/Nordiq Canada licenses participating in this race in the Junior & U23 category, for a total of $4,200 :
Bursaries for 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions
| 1. 600$
| 1. 600$
| 1. 600$
| 1. 600$
3-PERSON RELAY RACE
Race date : Friday night – February 18, 2022
This new fun activity will kick off the festivities of the 44th edition of the Gatineau Loppet.
The relay race in teams of 3 on a loop of approximately 1 km is for :
- ski clubs ;
- companies/organizations (great for team building) ;
- or any other group of 3 people who wants to try a new challenge.
Whether it is to demonstrate the strength of working together, to develop strong bonds before future big competitions or simply to live a unique moment with friends, this race is for you and your gang.
Is your team up for the challenge?
Dates of Races with Discovery Waves : Saturday & Sunday – February 19-20, 2022
This new wave is for people who want to participate at The Gatineau Loppet event without having to go through the stressful moments of competitions.
Description of the Discovery Waves :
- Categories Age / Level :
- For everyone (beginners, intermediate, etc.) ;
- For the moment, there is no age limit to participate in these races ;
- Non-timed waves :
- Participants will not be officially timed, so there will be no time comparison;
- Participants must still wear a chip and have a numbered bib for safety reasons;
- All distance races are possible, except for the 50 km distance ;
- The start time for the beginning of the race is not specific – participants can start their race at anytime within a given 15 minutes period, to avoid a large crowd starting at the same time ;
- Results will be provided in ALPHABETICAL order and marked COMPLETED.
Discovery Waves Goals :
- Allow non-athlete skiers to participate in the different types of races without feeling the pressure of a timed race.
- Give non-athlete skiers a chance to experience the largest historical ski gathering in the country and all of the fun that comes with.
Experience the thrill of a cross-country ski race without the pressure of performance! !