Please consult the health guidelines for your region or country.
For the province of Quebec, outdoor recreational and sports activities are permitted provided the guidelines issued by the public health authorities are respected. For more information, click here.
Register here from January 5 to February 28, 2021 at noon (EST)!
February 13 to 28, 2021
Virtual 50 km CAN$15.00 (+fees & taxes)
Virtual 25 km CAN$15.00 (+fees & taxes)
Virtual 10 km CAN$15.00 (+fees & taxes)
Virtual 10 km Challenge* CAN$15.00 (+fees & taxes)
Virtual Mini 2 km** CAN$5.00 (+fees & taxes)
*Allows novice skiers to complete the total distance in several cross-country ski outings.
**Available for children 10 years old and under. Accompanying adults do not need to register!
The period for doing the distances is from February 13 to 28 and it is possible to register until noon on February 28. Therefore, we do not offer a refund since a participant can register and do his/her distance on the same day.
Cross-country skiing classic or free technique, fatbike, snowshoeing, biking, roller skiing and running.
The Virtual Gatineau Loppet is officially recognized as the 43rd edition. If you complete the 25 km or 50 km in cross-country skiing, you will be able to claim your pin recognizing the total number of races completed (5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 races). For those who accumulate 35 editions, it will count toward the supreme rank of the Veterans Club. Please note that if you complete more than two races, only two of them will be officially recognized towards the total number of races completed.
This year, everyone’s a winner! The times will therefore be displayed in alphabetical order on Sportstats. Therefore, proof of time is not required.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
1) Choose your distance and register. Please note that if you wish to do more than one distance, you do not need to complete them on the same day. However, you must register for each one and pay the registration fee for each.
2) You will receive a confirmation email that includes your confirmation number, the distance and discipline you are registered for.
3) Complete your distance during the event period. Distances can be completed anywhere! Although the Gatineau Loppet has not designated a start or finish site or defined a specific route that must be covered for this virtual event, examples of routes are available here for local skiers who wish to complete the 10 km, 25 km and 50 km distances in beautiful Gatineau Park. Signage is also installed along the trails from Frebruary 13 to 28 to further guide skiers. A daily or season pass is required to access the park.
4) Enter your result on the Race Roster platform from February 13 to March 2, 2021, inclusively. No proof of time is required. Please note that once your result has been entered, it will be impossible to change it later. If you wish to submit another time, you will have to re-register.
5) Participant results will be updated on Sportstats twice a week, after the weekend and mid-week. Once your result appears on the Sportstats website, you will be able to directly retrieve your printable certificate by clicking on your name and claiming your distance. In addition, you will receive a neck warmer by mail to highlight your accomplishment! Several participation prizes will also be drawn daily from February 13 to 28. Consult the schedule of the activities and the contests here and visit the Gatineau Loppet’s Facebook page or website to participate in the daily activity or contest even if you have already completed your distance.
6) Share your virtual race experience on Facebook and Instagram and you could win one of two prizes worth more than $350 each from Tourisme Outaouais! All you have to do is post a photo of yourself and tag #outaouaisfun and #gatineauloppet. This will also allow us to repost them. Challenge those around you to participate in the Virtual Gatineau Loppet so that as many people as possible get moving this winter!
7) After finishing the Virtual Gatineau Loppet, you are also one step closer to complete the new challenge: Worldloppet Virtual Racing League. The Gatineau Loppet is one of the races on the Worldloppet World Circuit. The “Worldloppet Virtual Racing League” regroups the virtual races that will take place during this unique year and offers you the opportunity to take part in several official virtual races in order to obtain your “Virtual Racer” title! Once you have obtained your title, you will receive a diploma, you can order your personalized “Virtual Racer” jersey, and you will have the chance to win several prizes from different partners. In order to take up this challenge, you need to create an account here in order to receive your virtual passport.